Become a Friend

Hundreds of churches have been demolished and lost forever. Thousands have been converted into houses and offices. No longer will the parish church be free to visit or play a part in community life.

St. Peter’s is protected due to the significance of the interior wall paintings and the fact the Church is more than 750 years old. It has been selected and is supported by the CCT because it is seen as historically significant.  This church is a hidden gem which can have a future and a special place in the community in a new role. This church building is maintained by the CCT and kept open by a small group of dedicated volunteers, but we always need funding to pay for the things that keep St Peter’s open and welcoming to visitors.

We need your help in supporting this church and in keeping it open as part of the local community.

Sign up for our newsletter using the form below.

We thank you for visiting and for any donation you can make to keep this beautiful and historic building open and available for the community.

Thanks for submitting!

There are a number of ways to donate to The Friends of St Peters:

  • Please drop what you can into the donation box on your next visit!

  • Please make cheques payable to The Friends of St Peter’s and post to The Friend’s of St Peter’s, Membership Secretary, 22 Woodland Way, Brighton, BN1 8BA

  • You can direct transfer to our bank account: 

    • Account Name: Friends of St Peters Church Preston Park

    • Sort code: 40 14 01

    • Account number: 91419528

  • Or, to donate by Paypal by clicking the button below


Your personal details will not be passed on to any third party.

Boost your donation by 25p of Gift Aid for every £1 you donate Gift Aid is reclaimed by the charity from the tax you pay for the current tax year. Your address is needed to identify you as a current UK taxpayer.

Please notify the charity if you:

  • want to cancel this declaration

  • change your name or home address

  • no longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains.

If you pay Income Tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self-Assessment tax return or ask HM Revenue and Customs to adjust your tax code.